ANZ Bank New Zealand has announced it will be providing an assistance package for its customers who have been impacted by the recent earthquakes.
ANZ NZ CEO David Hisco said, “The earthquakes have had a huge impact on the lives of many New Zealanders, damaging homes, businesses and local infrastructure.
“ANZ staff around the country have been working hard in recent days to assist our customers and communities where they can.”
According to a release, the ANZ Assistance Package will offer impacted customers the ability to discuss their needs with their banker to:
• Apply for short term funding through temporary overdraft facilities or provide temporary adjustments to lending limits to assist with unexpected costs;
• Provide hardship assistance for home lending which may include no payments for up to three months;
• Waive application fees associated with restructuring business and farm loans;
• Waive minimum merchant service fees for businesses with significantly reduced or no transaction volumes processed over EFTPOS/credit card terminals; and
• Provide early access to term deposits.
“These are practical steps that we hope can lessen the burden on our customers affected by the earthquakes and enable them to focus on their families and businesses, and on the recovery effort.”
The ANZ Assistance Package will be effective from today and terms and conditions, and ANZ lending criteria apply.